The Glasgow Silverbacks are an adult only, climbing focused club, open to all adult climbers in Glasgow
Lets go climbing!
The club runs weekly indoor climbing and weekend outdoor climbing meet ups.
These free meet ups are a social climbing session where you can meet new climbing partners, share knowledge, stories and get a belay.
The indoor meets will be hosted at the Glasgow Climbing Centre on a Friday evening and include:
- Discounted entry to the wall (with membership card)
- Social climbing – a chance to meet new partners and go climbing
The free outdoor meets will be a chance to get outdoor climbing regularly, meet new climbing partners and to pass on and learn new skills.
The trips will be hosted at a range of venues, taking in: Bouldering, Sport and Trad climbing.
There will be plenty of opportunities in the club to learn the skills if you would like to try one of these for the first time.
Want to learn a new skill?
The club can offer a wide range of skills training and upskilling courses. These courses will be on offer through the club and in affiliation with The Glasgow Climbing Centre.
Courses on offer include:
- Introduction to climbing – Learn the basic skills
- Learn to lead – Learn how to safely lead climb indoors
- Indoor movement and climbing coaching
- Strength and Conditioning courses
- Top Rope rigging – Learn how to safely rig an anchor for top roping
- Learn to Sport Lead – Learn how to lead on a sport climb safely
- Learn to Trad Lead – Learn how to lead using traditional protection
Every year the Glasgow Gorillas run Fundamentals of Climbing courses for our members. This is the first step on the pathway to being a professional climbing coach.
We can also give you the chance to practice the skills you learn, volunteering as a youth coach during our coaching evenings.
As coaching in climbing is becoming a more popular thing for climbing walls to run this is a perfect opportunity to get a head start to a job in a climbing centre. We can help you plan your training pathway, talk to climbing walls across Scotland and help you prepare to help get you started on your journey.
What does your membership get you?
Not only do you get access to all of our weekly indoor and outdoor meet ups, the full range of skills courses, discounted wall entry, but we also get you a Mountaineering Scotland membership.
Mountaineering Scotland membership benefits:
- National organisation representing Scotland’s climbers
- Get the Scottish Mountaineer magazine direct to your door four times a year
- Discounts at outdoor shops and places to stay all over Scotland
- Access to mountain huts in tops spots for going climbing
- Mountaineering activities liability insurance cover included in your membership
- BMC travel insurance and a range of other financial services